PRAISE FOR PMAC 2016
M&A activity in Pakistan is relatively low as compared to regional countries but it seems to have picked it during the past few years whereby some headline transactions have taken place primarily in the private sector. These transactions include strategic investments by global players either to fully acquire the local entity or to form a joint venture with the local partner. Private Equity is also set to take off since a number of new Private Equity houses have emerged and are on the lookout for targets. A number of business houses are looking for expansion and/or diversification which can be achieved through smart M&A moves. To undertake an M&A transaction is a big challenge and unless pursued properly may lead to difficult situations. Hence there is a need to learn from those who are already gone through such experiences whether being owners who have sold or purchased businesses, managers who were part of such businesses, regulators and advisors.
Keeping in view the above requirements TerraBiz & KPMG organized the 1st Pakistan Mergers & Acquisitions Conference last year which was extremely well received by around 250 persons representing almost 110 companies who attended it. Based on the feedback of the participants in particular and the business professionals in general we have decided to make it an annual event. The content will be completely fresh and shall cover some of the head line transactions that have taken place in the recent past.
The conference has been designed specifically to maximize the learning experience and internalization of subject discussions for the conference attendees through Keynote Presentations, Panel Discussions and Post Conference Workshop.
Each Panel Discussionwill start with Session Moderator’s introductory thoughts on the topic followed by separate presentations by the Session speakers. The dedicated presentations will allow the participants to reflect on varying point of views of different speakers after which the session will proceed to discussion led by the Moderator. After this thoughtful insights-oriented discussion by learned speakers, the session will then proceed to the Questions & Answers phase where attendees will further explore the topic through their questions/comments.
Conference Focal Points
- Importance of M&A for Pakistan's economy
- Pakistan's M&A scene - trends, sectors and insights
- Why Pakistan as a destination for investment
- One on One with a globally renowned investment banker
- Key learnings from recent M&A deals
- Achieving growth via M&A
- Role of regulators in M&A transactions
Who Should Attend
- CEOs, CFOs, corporate treasurers and board members
- CFA Charterholders, Chartered Accountants
- Investment, Corporate and Commercial Bankers
- Private Equity players
- Consultants and advisory firms
- Lawyers wishing to understand the financial logic of M&A and buyouts
- Government regulators: ministries of finance, central bank & stock market regulators