How to Achieve Excellence in Mergers & Acquisitions
Challenges & Complications in Valuing Local Businesses for the Acquisition and Subsequent Investment Management Complexities
As Pakistan's economy has undergone a series of positive developments, it has emerged as an attractive destination for investment. Many businesses want to stimulate their long-term growth and boost their corporate performance through M&A.
In competitive economies like we have today, Mergers & Acquisitions are also essential because almost no business can solely rely on its internal resources for expansion and growth. Therefore, to keep the business growing, it becomes imperative to make such corporate consolidations. However, there are numerous conflicts and risks associated with such consolidations in terms of corporate culture, governance, legal and finance issues which result in miscarriage of such corporate marriages. The conference will focus on strategic considerations and best practices from both, "pre" and "post" merger perspective and also highlight the nuts-and-bolts issues, emerging global trends and challenges in M&A.
The conference has been designed specifically to maximize the learning experience and internalization of subject discussions for the conference attendees through Keynote Presentations, Panel Discussions and Post Conference Workshop.
Each Panel Discussionwill start with Session Moderator’s introductory thoughts on the topic followed by separate presentations by the Session speakers. The dedicated presentations will allow the participants to reflect on varying point of views of different speakers after which the session will proceed to discussion led by the Moderator. After this thoughtful insights-oriented discussion by learned speakers, the session will then proceed to the Questions & Answers phase where attendees will further explore the topic through their questions/comments.
Conference Focal Points
- Importance of M&A for Pakistan's economy
- Pakistan's M&A scene - trends, sectors and insights
- Why Pakistan as a destination for investment
- Regulatory regime for M&As
- Key learnings from recent M&A deals
- Achieving growth via M&A
- Role of advisors in M&A deals
Who Should Attend
- CEOs, CFOs, corporate treasurers and board members
- CFA Charterholders, Chartered Accountants
- Investment, Corporate and Commercial Bankers
- Private Equity players
- Consultants and advisory firms
- Lawyers wishing to understand the financial logic of M&A and buyouts
- Government regulators: ministries of finance, central bank & stock market regulators